Schemes Under the Department:
Jol Dhoro Jol Bhoro (JDJB), Big Fish Culture, Moyna Model, Social Fishery, Air Breathing Fish Culture, Ornamental Fish Farming, Biofloc Fish Farming, Distribution Hygienic Insulated Fish Vending Box, Distribution Bi-cycle with Hygienic Insulated Fish Vending Box, Distribution of Cast Net & Hundies, Fishery Training & Awareness, Fishermen Old Age pension etc.
About the Schemes:
- Jol Dhoro Jol Bhoro (JDJB)-Distribution of IMC fingerlings, lime & fish feed.
- Big Fish Culture-Distribution of advanced IMC fingerlings (250g size), lime & floating fish feed.
- Moyna Model- Distribution of advanced fish fingerlings (150g), lime, floating fish feed, drag net, paddle wheel aerator.
- Social Fishery – Distribution of IMC fingerlings, lime, floating fish feed in small water bodies.
- Air Breathing Fish Culture- Distribution of singi/magur seed, lime & floating fish feed.
- Ornamental Fish Farming – Financial support for setting up backyard ornamental fish hatchery & culture unit.
- Biofloc Fish Farming- Financial support for biofloc fish farming.
- Distribution Hygienic Insulated Fish Vending Box – Distribution of same among fish vendors
- Distribution Bi-cycle with Hygienic Insulated Fish Vending Box- Distribution of same among mobile fish vendors
- Distribution of Cast Net & Hundies- Distribution of same among fishers.
- Fishery Training & Awareness- Quality training on modern aquaculture for developing technically sound human resources
- Fishermen Old Age pension- Financial support @ Rs 1000/month to old & poor fishermen.
Required Eligibility for Applying the Schemes: It varies with schemes. Please meet the Fishery Extension Officer of your Block or Assistant Director of Fisheries of the District for details.
Method of Applying for the Scheme: Through Local Bodies