|Name of the Officer-in-Charge
||Sri Arnab Chinya, WBCS(Exe)
|Name of the Staff
- Sri Moloy Pain, H.C
- Smt. Srirupa Acharya, UDC
- Sri Ashis Kumar Kundu, LDC
- Sri Baidya Nath Jha, Cleark
- Sri Tarak Nath Das, Gr.D
- Smt. Silpi De, Gp.D
- Sri Bani Chakraborty, Gr. D
|Duties of the Department & Services
||This Section generally deals with law matters related to Criminal Cases, Violation of Human Rights, Essential Commodity Act, Arms Act etc.
|Administrative Structure (HR) of the Section
- Engagement of Assistant Public Prosecutor through Public Prosecutor to defend the State Govt. in all sorts of Trial, Appeal, Criminal Revision in various Courts of Howrah district.
- Engagement of State Advocate through the Legal Remembrancer to defend the District Magistrate in Writ Petition filed in the High Court, Calcutta.
- Vesting powers U/S 133 and Sec 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 of Executive Magistrate to newly posted Dy. Magistrate & Dy. Collector in the District to discharge function of Executive Magistrate in maintaining law and order.
- Engagement of Executive Magistrate in disposal of unclaimed property lying at Malkhana of Police Stations under the jurisdiction of this district.
- Engagement of Executive Magistrate in maintaining law and order and inquest matter.
- Engagement of Sanction order U/S 39 of the Arms Act, 1959 for Prosecution of accused U/S 25(1-b) (a) and U/S 27 of Arms Act, 1959 as received from the different Police Stations under the jurisdiction of this district.
- Cause enquiry in the matter relating to Police Firing held within the jurisdiction of this district.
- Issue of Certificate for exemption of Excise Duty in respect of G.I Pipe of different diameter as notified by the Finance Deptt. Govt India to be used in different Water Supply Scheme undertaken by the State Govt. / Local Bodies etc.
- Cause enquiry in case of Custodial Death and send report to the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) and West Bengal Human Rights Commission (WBHRC). Payment of compensation to the victim on violation of human rights as awarded by the NHRC and WBHRC from time to time.
- Correctional Home (Jail) matters
- Matter related to withdrawal of Cases u/s 321 of Cr.P.C
- Matter related to Child Rape Case
- Payment of professional fees to Ld Public Prosecutor, Govt Panelled Assistant Public Prosecutor of the Howrah District
- Payment of Charges of carrying dead bodies post mortem, diet charges of inmates of police custody.
- Payment of Electricity Bill of Howrah Police Morgue
- Matters relating to Registration of News Paper / Magazines / Periodicals
- Low Income Group Housing (LIGH) release of mortgage deed that are provided loan under LIGH Scheme.
- Complaint received from public on violation of Human Rights
|Types of complaints which are enquired and disposed of from this office:-
- Compliant on violation of Human Rights received from individual against any individual.
- Compliant on violation of Human Rights received from National and State Human Rights Body.
- Payment of compensation to the victims as awarded by the National and State Human Rights Body from time to time have been given after proper enquiry by this end.
- Custodial Death / Death of Under Trial / Convicted Prisoners under custody as occurred within the jurisdiction of this district has been enquired into as per strict standard protocol and guidelines formulated by the National Human Rights Commission
- Documents pertaining to death of Under Trial / Convicted Prisoners under custody as directed by the National Human Rights Commission are sent after procuring it from the different end.
|Acts & Rules administered by the Section