A. Employment Services
There are two Employment Exchanges in the district, one in each subdivision. Jobseekers can registered their name at the employment exchange under their subdivision after fulfilling following eligibility criteria.
1. He/She should permanently reside in the jurisdiction of the exchange(ration card/ EPIC has to be produced as proof).
2. Only jobseekers within 18-45 years of age are eligible for registration.( Upper age relaxable for 5 years for SC,ST candidates, 3 years for OBC).
3. Proof of Date of Birth is required ( Birth Certificate, School leaving Certificate, Admit card of M.P etc).
4. Proof of qualifications ( Marksheet, certificate etc) are required.
5. Caste certificate from competent authority for SC,ST,OBC candidates is required
6. Certificate from competent authority for Physically Challenged person is also required.
7. The registration is valid upto the due date of renewal which is 3 years now. A registrant can renew the exchange card within two months of due date after producing rationcard/EPIC. The registration can also be renewed within one year of due date by applying to officer in charge of the employment exchange citing reason of non-renewal.
Employment exchange renders placement service to its registrants on the basis of vacancy notification by the Employers on the basis of seniority cum merit basis.
B. EMPLOYMENT BANK [introduced on 26.07.2012]
Employment Bank is primarily a State-owned job-portal and is a unique e-governance initiative of the Labour Department, Government of West Bengal to widen the window of job-opportunity for the job-seekers of the State. The portal provides an interactive platform among three key parties namely the Job-seekers, the Job-Providers and the Education & Training providing Institutions. It provides online modules specially designed to cater the need of the Job-Providers throughout the country. With more than 20 lakhs enrolled jobseekers with a plethora of qualifications and experience as its jobseekers database, it can cater the human resource need of the employers according to their choice of qualification, age, experience and location (Upto Block level) without any cost.
• Job-seekers can enrol online. A temporary enrolment ID will be created. The job-seeker is then required to visit any Employment Exchange of the State for validation of the temporary ID. On validation User-ID and password are sent to the job-seekers through system-generated sms.
• Any Employer or Placement Agencies throughout the country can enrol in Employment Bank. Such Enrolment process is totally online.
• Any training providing institution of the State [affiliated by any Government Department/ Organization /University etc] can also enrol in Employment Bank. Their enrolment process is also online.
• After enrolment, the Employers and Placement Agencies can search the resumes of enrolled job-seekers and generate list as per their requirement. They can post job-related advertisements too which gets published in the portal.
‘Yuvasree’ (earlier named as “Yuva Utsaha Prakalpa”) was launched on 03-10-2013 for providing financial assistance of Rs.1,500/- per month to first one lakh jobseekers enrolled in Employment Bank to enable them to enhance their employability by undergoing some education or training within the period of assistance.
• He/She must be unemployed and a resident of West Bengal.
• He/She should be enrolled with the Employment Bank as ‘job seeker’.
• His /Her Educational Qualification should be Class VIII pass and above.
• Should be between 18-45 years of age on the 1st day of April of the year in which he/she is considered under the scheme.
• He/ She has not availed financial assistance /loan under any state/central government sponsored Self-Employment scheme.
• Only one member of a family is eligible to receive assistance under the scheme.
The beneficiaries are required to submit a self-declaration (Annexure-III) in every six months, so as to ascertain whether the recipient is utilizing the financial assistance for the right cause and undergoing some training course/s to upgrade his/her skill and whether the beneficiary still conforms to the eligibility criteria to receive unemployment assistance under the scheme.
D. SKILL TRAINING OF THE REGISTERED JOB-SEEKERS
Directorate of Employment implements a scheme for skill development of the job-seekers registered with the Employment Exchanges or Employment Bank with an eye to enhance their employability and to promote self-employment among them. In this scheme State Government bears 50% of the course fee or Rs. 5000/- whichever is less and the remaining portion of the course fee is paid by the trainee.
• He / She must have valid registration with Employment Exchange and /or valid enrolment with Employment Bank
• Minimum age limit for the trainees will be eighteen years.
• He/ She has to contribute 50% of the course fee.
• Candidates once received the training under this scheme.
E. PRASHIKSHAN SHIBIR FOR DOMESTIC WORKERS
Directorate of Employment ventured into this endeavour in the year 2012 with an eye to develop / upgrade the skill of domestic workers through organising 3-days ‘proshikshan shibirs’. Stipend of an amount Rs.100/- per trainee per day is also provided during the shibir.
Demand for reliable and efficient domestic workers in the towns and cities in West Bengal have been growing day by day. A large number of workers engaged in this field come from villages of the near-by districts. They have neither any formal training in household works nor have they enough knowledge about the houses and urban life, which leads them to face some problems in handling many domestic appliances and electronic gadgets as well as demanding satisfactory remuneration for their labour.
Aims and Objective :
• To develop / upgrade the skill of the individuals engaged in domestic works.
• To provide short-term flexible training to such individuals to make them feel comfortable in an urban setting.
• To make such individuals conversant in handling various domestic appliances and promote awareness regarding safety.
• To provide such workers with a brief first-aid training to make them skilled in tackling exigencies like sudden injuries, burning, bleeding etc.
• Enhancement of scope of remuneration-hike for such individuals.
F. SPECIAL COACHING FOR VARIOUS COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS
Special Coaching sessions for various job-oriented Competitive Examinations are also arranged by the Directorate of Employment, West Bengal to help the job-seekers appearing for such examinations. This service is provided free of cost.
• Target Group: Jobseekers having valid registration with Employment Exchanges/ valid enrolment with Employment Bank.
• Duration of one session: Five days (4 hours per day).
G. UDIYAMAN SWANIRBHAR KARMASANSTHAN PRAKALPA (USKP)-2008
Udiyaman Swanirbhar Karmasansthan Prakalpa (USKP) - 2008 was introduced to assist registered unemployed youth to take up economically viable projects by providing subsidy from the State Government and offering credit facilities on easy terms from Banks and other Financial Institutions. It has huge potentiality in generating employment as well as enhancing and improving the economic condition of the unemployed youth registered with the Employment Exchanges. Under this scheme the maximum project cost is Rs 50,000/- for an individual beneficiary. The Margin money or subsidy would be [at]25% of the loan amount per person subject to a maximum of Rs 12,500/-.However, a number of unemployed youth can combine to form a Co-operative Society or any other recognized body corporate and make a higher investment in a single project.
• He has completed his 18th year but not 45th year of age as on 1st day of April of the Year in which he has applied to come under the scheme.
[The upper age limit is relaxable in case of Physically Handicapped persons, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other Backward Classes.]
• He is registered as an unemployed or partially employed person with any employment Exchange of West Bengal for more than a year.
• He has “fully paid” any loan or advance take previously from any bank/ financial institution.
• There is no waiting period for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen, Minority category and female registrants.