|Name of the Officer-in-Charge||Shri Manmohan Bhattacharyya, WBCS(Exe)|
|Contact Details||Address: 7, Rishi Bankim Chandra Road, New Collectorate Building, 2nd Floor, Howrah – 711101|
|Name of the Staff||
|Duties of the Department & Services||
1. To receive the fund and food-grains allotted for the scheme and arrange for distribution of the same to every school with the help of the SDOs and BDOs as per requirement at least one month in advance.
9. To ensure that the grievance redressal mechanism is in place and operational, as per existing instructions in his district including erection of Display Boards at all schools.
10. To arrange for external evaluation of the MDM scheme.
11. To ensure convergence with the other programme (like MGNREGA, MISSION NIRMAL BANGLA, Fishery, NRLM, BEUP etc.) for better implementation of the MDM scheme.
12. To ensure that Audit queries are met in time.
13. To ensure that Mid-Day-Meal is run in every eligible school uninterrupted.
14. To ensure that adequate water connection is made in every school with the help of the other line departments, implementing rural water supply scheme.
15. To Monitor construction of kitchen sheds as per allotment.
16. To organize training for cooks by experts for ensuring clean and hygienic varied menu as per local tests and customs.
17. To ensure monthly payment to FCI against supply of rice/wheat as per bills to be raised by FCI with supporting documents.
18. To ensure payment of transport rebate to the distributors and dealers of MDM timely.
19. To engage SHGs for cooking of MDM wherever such SHGs are available and ensure timely payment of cooking cost and honorarium to cook cum helpers as per approved rates.
20. To ensure regular inspection and monitoring of the scheme through field level functionaries and regular compilation of report at Block, Municipal, Sub-division and District levels through computerization and internet facilities.
21. He is also to ensure that the line department officials specially the officers of School Education Department, Health Department and Food & Supplies Deptt. are fully associated with the programme as per Govt. circulars.
22. For ensuring all the above noted duties and responsibilities a well managed and adequately manned modern office is run (MDM Cell) at the Collectorate equipped with computers and broadband facilities. He is also to ensure continuity of tenure of the officer in-charge of the MDM and other dealing assistants to avoid disruptions in the system.
23. Taking Special Initiative on safety and hygienic storage of food-grains by allotting Grain Bins.
1. Drawl of fund and lifting of food-grains and arranging distribution of the same to each and every school.
|Administrative Structure (HR) of the Section|
|Relevant acts guideline & circulars (for public domain)||National Programme of Nutrition Support to Primary Education
The Government of India initiated the National Programme of Nutritional Support to Primary Education (NP-NSPE) on 15 August 1995. The objective of the scheme is to help improve the effectiveness of primary education by improving the nutritional status of primary school children. Now It is known as Cooked Mid-Day Meal Programme(CMDMP).The Scheme is protected under the order of the Supreme Court.
Printed Guidelines of the state in vernacular is available with the concerned office at all levels.
|Reports (of lat six months)|
In connection with celebration of Siksha Saptaha, fund has been released to the Blocks towards construction of Kitchen shed for 74 Primary Schools, 48 Upper Primary schools, 203 SSK and 22 MSK, total 347. Fund for Utensils has also been released to 865 no. of Schools.