|Name of the Officer-in-Charge||Sri Siddharta Guin, WBCS (Exe)|
|Contact Details||E-mail:- dmhwhelec[at]gmail[dot]com|
|7, Rishi Bankim Chandra Road, Howrah – 711101,New Collectorate Building, 2nd Floor|
|Name of the Dealing Assistant||
|Administrative Structure (HR) of the Section|
|Function in details and public service provided||
Intervenes in industry related problems if applied for, maintainance of liaison between Land Department, UCC issues, District Industry Center to resolve problem areas.
|Relevant acts guideline & circulars (for public domain)|
SYNERGY Howrah 2014 took place in this district at Sarat Sadan from 31/07/to motivate future entepreneurs in the micro, small & medium scale industrial sectors. Different Banks participated with their loan proposals. The chamber of Commerce & Indutries, HFA(Howrah 14 to 02/08/14 where Clinics/ Workshops/ Seminars were arranged Foundary Association), FOSM(Federation of small & Medium Indutries), FASII(federation of small Industries of India).
|Latest News||Outcome of SYNERGY HOWRAH 2014 waas quite inspiring as at the closing ceremony there was proposed investment of around 600 crores as declared by the Principal Secretary of the said department which are likely to take place on the small and medium scale industries in howrah and adejoining Hooghly District. As per report of GM, DIC, Howrah through new PMEGP loan amounting to around RS. 180 lakh has already been disbursed to the new entepreneurs in this district.|
1. Sudha Ras, Food Park Phase-I,Location : Sankrail, Howrah,No. of companies allotted land : 19,Proposed Investment: Approx. ` 650 crore,Proposed Employment: 17000 (Direct + Indirect) ,
2. Kandua Food Park, Food Park Phase II ,Location : Sankrail, Howrah,Area : 49.98 Acres,No. of companies allotted land: 24,Proposed Investment : Approx. ` 300 crore,Proposed Employment : Approx17500 (Direct + Indirect)
3. Poly Park,Location: Sankrail, Howrah,Area : 49.98 Acres, No. of companies allotted land : 45,Proposed Investment: Approx. ` 200 crore,Proposed Employment: 3900 (Direct + Indirect)
4. Uluberia Industrial Park,Location: Uluberia, Howrah,Area : 128.69 Acres,No. of companies allotted land : 02,Proposed Investment: Approx. ` 425 crore,Proposed Employment: 3900 (Direct + Indirect),Nature of Industry : Automobile and other
5. Rubber Park:The Rubber Park project at Howrah is being implemented by South Asia Rubber & Polymer Park (SARPOL). Location: Domjur & Sankrail Block, Howrah, Area : 110 Acres No. of unit expected to come: 200 Proposed Investment: Approx. ` 1500 crore
6. Nature of Industry: Rubber industry Proposed Employment: 40,000 (Direct +Indirect)
7. Foundry Park: The Foundry Park is implemented under Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme by a SPV named Foundry Cluster Development Association (FCDA) The park has the export potential of ` 1200 crore from 3 lakh tones of casting output.
Location: Domjur & Sankrail Block, Howrah
Area: Total – 934 Acres out of that 600 Acres for Phase-I, 324 Acres for Phase-II
No. of unit expected to come: 180 out of that 150 for Phase-I, 30 for Phase-I
Proposed Investment: Approx. ` 2500 crore out of that ` 1500 crore for Phase-I, ` 1000 crore for Phase-II
Nature of Industry: Foundry Cluster Proposed Employment: 1.3 lakh (Direct+Indirect) out of that 80,000 for Phase-I and 50,000 for Phase-II
Status of Industrial Parks of WBIDC at Howrah District:
FCDA has so far received ` 32.57 crore as central grant in aid from DIPP, Government of India (IIUS) out of sanctioned amount of 38.67 crore.
Construction of physical infrastructure are in progress. Construction of ITI building is completed.
Tool Room and Testing Laboratory, Information Marketing and HRD Centre are on the verge of completion.
Mutation applied : 324 acre
Mutation disposed : 279.61 acre
ACHIEVEMENT : 86.3 %
Upcoming Industrial Park:
1. Food Park Phase- III
Location: Sankrail, Howrah
Area: 34.59 Acres
Total 23 no. of plots varying area from 0.25 acres to 2.73 acres have been planned Status of Allotment of land: 4 no. of allotments have
been done. 6 no. applications are under process Proposed Investment: Approx. ` 275 cr. Nature of Industry: Food Industry Proposed Employment: Approx. 4600 (Direct+ Indirect) Present Status: E- Tender has been issued for selection of contractor for development of basic infrastructure. Work Order to be issued.
2. Mini Food Park
The Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Govt. of India, has agreed to extend grant to the extent of ` 50 lakhs under National Mission on Food Processing for construction of flatted factories in multistoried structure for accommodating Micro & Small Scale Enterprises in the Food Processing Sector. A piece of land admeasuring 2.38 acre has been identified at Food Park-II, Sankrail, Howrah for the said park. Nature of Industry: Food Industry Consultant has been selected for conceptualizing and preparation of Master Plan along with survey and feasibility report for Mini Food Park.
3. Gems & Jewellery Park:
Gems & Jewellery Park at Ankurhati, Domjur, Howrah is under development over approx. 5.76 acres of land. It has been planned to develop 2 Standard Design Factory buildings (G+5) with total built up area of 2,50,000 sq. ft. Also a Common Facility Building has been planned of approx. built up area of 40,000 sq. ft. Estimated Project Cost of the Park is ` 53.38 Crores, Estimated employment opportunity in the project is approx 3500 artisans
Nature of Industry: Jewellery industry
Advance booking of modules have been started. So far we have received 32 nos. of applications for booking of about 1,24,000 sq. ft. area. 4.Zari Hub:
WBIDC has conceived of a cluster of Zari units with all necessary infrastructure support. For the purpose an already constructed three storied building located just beside Food Park at Sankrail, Howrah with approx. 14902 sq. ft. of total covered area has been identified.
The building consists of 14 nos. of modules ranging from 345 sq. ft. to 2343 sq. ft. and an open terrace of 4390 sq. ft Nature of Industry: Cottage industry Very soon EOI will be published, inviting interested organization/consultant to submit plans for successful utilization of Zari Hub with the help of Self Help Groups / Co-operatives formed by zari workers.
Report on Ankurhati Complex Block : Domjur: GP : Mohiari-II Mouza : Ankurhati Land quantum : 8.73 acre James & Jewellery Park : 6.93 acre (by WBIDC) Information Technology: 1.00 acre (by IT Dept) Mini Quick Response Team: 0.10 acre (by DMD Dept) Rural Haat: 0.20 acre (by P&RD Dept)
Technical Education Department : 0.50 acre (by TET Dept) Land was initially of PWD deptt; then transferred to C&I Deptt, through IDT.