|Duties of the Department & Services
The main functions of this Department are as follows:-
1. Organizing various programmes of Youth Services Department throughout the year as per the calendar fixed viz:
A. Safe Drive, Save Life,
B. Rakhi Bandhan Utsav & Sanskriti Divas,
C. Science Seminar & Science Fair,
D. Khelo India,
E. Chatra Yuba Utsav,
F. Vivek Chetona Utsav,
G. Subhas Utsav.
2. Receiving and processing of different proposal for Multigym, Play ground Development, Construction Of Mini Indoor / Recreation Complex after proper checking of the documents received from various organizations.
3. Taking proper steps to suballot various funds received from the department to different executing agencies for construction of sports infrastructures.
4. Taking steps to utilize the fund of the sanctioned schemes in accordance with the relevant Guidelines and submission of the Utilization Certificates in due time.
5. Supervising the construction of different sports infrastructures as sanctioned from the Department.
6. Distribution of fund for purchase of sports equipments and collection of Utilization certificates for onward submission to the department.
7. Maintenance of files related to Establishment related matter of staffs of all 14 Blocks , 2 Municipalities and HMC.
8. Taking proper steps to receive fund for maintenance of District, Block &, Municipal Youth Offices and Youth hostel from the Department with respect to relevant financial year by submission of Utilization Certificates.
9. To suballot the received funds to the concerned offices for maintenance and others with utmost care keeping in mind the demand of various establishments.
10. To organize various sports competitions in various disciplines in Block and District Level.
11. Organizing Non Residential coaching camps of different disciplines at different venues of Howrah District.
12. Inspection of the various trainings run by the Youth Computer Training Centers and processing of various day to day activities like agreement renewal , issuance of Certificates, meeting up of any problems of the YCTCs.
13. Organizing the placement link Skill Development Vocational training programmes for the student/youths and supervision of the training programmes run by the agencies selected by the Department on different trades in collaboration with Technical Education, Training & Skill Development Department.
14. Conducting various types of enquiries and preparation of reports as and when entrusted by the Department.