|Name of the Officer-in-Charge
||Smt. Joyshree Mondal, WBCS (Exe)
|Name of the Staff
- Sub Divisional Information & Cultural Officer, Howrah(Sadar)-Vacant
- Sub Divisional Information & Cultural Officer, Uluberia. – Ananya Majumder
- Sub Divisional Information & Cultural Officer, Amta. – Vacant
- Technical Supervisor
- Field Information Assistant
- Head Assistant
- Upper Division Clerk
- Lower Division Clerk
- Junior Field Information Assistant
- Laboratory Assistant
- Electric Mistry
- Audio Visual Technician
- Assistant Audio Visual Technician
|Duties of the Department & Services
||It works under 4 directorates of I&CA deptt. Govt. of West Bengal (i) Information Directorate, (ii) Culture Directorate , (iii) Film Directorate, (iv) Archaeology Directorate.
|Administrative Structure (HR) of the Section
|Function in details and public service provided
||Information Directorate :
Culture Directorate :
- To disseminate information on different projects, activities and achievements of State Government through different Media like Print & Electronic Media, Hoarding, Campaigns Exhibitions etc. and to convey public reactions to Government functionaries as reflected through media and other sources.
- Public are facilitated with news papers, periodicals , I&CA published journals etc. at Information centre of District & Sub-Divisional office of I&CA deptt..
- Renewal of press accreditation cards , recommendation for railway concession passes, new press accreditation cards for journalists.
- Publication of press release, Government notices in print media.
- Enlistment of local news papers for getting Government advertisement.
- Observance of State ceremonies.
- Folk and Tribal Cultural Centre:
- To focus on preservation and promotion of Cultural Heritage of the District as well as West Bengal by organizing (i) District Level Folk Festival workshop, (ii) providing Folk Artists in various fair and Festivals of West Bengal.
- Issuance of folk identity card for the folk artist.
- Monthly financial assistance to financially and physically weak folk artists.
- Yearly financial assistance are also given to folk artists and folk teams for upgradation of musical productions. Separate musical instruments and dresses are also provided to them.
- To organize Drama , music and dance festival and workshop under Paschimbanga Natya Academy and Rajya Sangeet Academy.
- Financial assistance for repairing and renovation of Rabindra Bhaban.
- To organize Sishu Kishore Utsav under Sishu Kishor Academy.
- Observance of Birth & Death anniversary of renowned personalities in the field of culture and public life.
- To organize social communication cinema conference , Childrens’ Film Festival
- To provide financial assistance to Bagnan Ananda Niketan Kirtishala for preservation of archaeological Heritage.