|Name of the ADM-in-Charge
||Shri Bani Prasad Das, WBCS (Exe)
||Telephone No-033-2660-2749, Fax-033-2660-9924
|Name of the Officer-in-Charge
||Sri Jayanta Mallick, WBCS(Exe)
|Deputy Land & Land Reforms Officer
|Name of the Staff
- Sri Bijan Chakrabarty, SRO-I
- Sri Arnab Saha, S.R.O.-II.
- Sri Saibal Chattopadhyay, S.R.O.-II
- Sri Subhasis Dutta, S.R.O.-II
- Sri Atanu Das, S.R.O.-II
- Sri Lakshmi Kanta Pal, R.O
- Sri Suprio Mukherjee, H.C.
|Duties of the Department & Services
- Land & Land Reforms Department is one of the oldest departments of the state as well as of the country.
- The principal work of this department is the implementation of various Land Reforms Acts especially West Bengal Estates Acquisition Act, 1953 and the West Bengal Land Reforms Act, 1955.
- The activities of this department have tremendous social implications and have an important role in reducing disparities in the socio-economic structure of the agrarian society of this state.
- Under the changed scenario this department has also beenoneof the keen pins of socio economic development, industrial growth and modernization on one hand while harnessing indiscriminate changes in land utilization pattern.
- The District Land & Land Reforms Officer, having the powers of Collector, heads the Integrated Set up of Land & Land Reforms Administration in the district. In a district the entire structure consists of four tiers extended up to Gram panchayet level at the lowest.
- This office has five sections viz Establishment & Nazarath, Serestha, Law cell, Drawing Section and Computer Section.
- The Establishment Section deals with all the establishment related matter pertaining to leave, transfer and posting of officers and staff and their service matters & also the function of D.D.O.
- The Law cell deals with various court cases relating to LR and appeals under WBLR Act. It also handles vesting and divesting cases.
- The Sarestha Section deals with lease and license, collection of Land Revenue & Royalty, Report & Returns, Conversion Miscellaneous issues like Public grievance, Assembly questions, Audit matters etc.
- The technical adviser is the head of the drawing Section which deals with inking of L.R. maps and despatch of sheets to the W.B.D.O. The Computer Section deals with computerized land records including all kinds of report and return.
|Administrative Structure (HR) of the Section
|Functions in detail & Public Services Provided
|The office maintain numerous registers in terms of the Bengal Manual, amongst them are :
1. Register - I Jamabandi Register/Rent
2. Register - III Collection Register
3. Register - IV Cash Book Register.
4. Register - V Pass Book
5. Register - VIII Vested Land Register
6. Register - IX Mutation Register
7. Register - X L.T. & S.T. Register
8. Register - XII Settlement Register
9. Register - XIII Misc. case Register.
10. Register - 26 Inspection Register.
11. Register - 94 D.C.R. and R. R. Book
12. C.R./C.O. Register
14. Stock Register
15. Court Fee Register
16. Leave Register
17. Staff Register
18. Attendance Register
19. File Index Register.
The L.R. wing deals and implements several Acts & Rules. The main amongst them are :